By Juliano Oliveira
Aspiring business owners have until 9 October to subscribe for one of the 100 new online course scholarships offered by Brisbane City Council.
The 2020 Lord Mayor’s Multicultural Business Scholarship Program – Round Two includes training courses from Certificate IV through to post-graduate university courses.
The classes are based on a 12-month program where Brisbane residents multicultural backgrounds are provided with monthly workshops and assessments.
Within the course, the students will learn management and Negotiation in a business setting, digital and strategic marketing strategies for business, among other subjects.
All courses can form part of a pathway to an online MBA.
Since 2008, the programs have delivered over 400 scholarship and mentoring placements. In early 2020, 89 business scholarships and mentoring scheme placements were offered to residents of the Brisbane local government area.
During the round one, the following business training courses were offered to successful recipients:
- Certificate IV in Small Business Management – TAFE Queensland (South Bank Campus)
- Start Your Own Business Short Course – TAFE Queensland (South Bank Campus)
- Diploma of Business – Rhodes Business School
- Graduate Certificate in Leadership Diversity – Rhodes Business School
- The Emotionally Intelligent Leader: One Day Enhancement Program – Rhodes Business School
- Certificate IV in Travel and Tourism – Academies Australasia
- Company Directors Course and 12-month membership – Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Certificate IV in Project Management – Site Institute
- Master of Business Administration (International Business) – Federation University Australia
- Diploma of Beauty Therapy – Brisbane School of Hairdressing and Beauty
- Non-Certificate Mentoring to Launch Your Own Fashion Line – Career Employment Australia
- Non-Certificate Multicultural Round Table Mentoring Scheme
- Bachelor of Business – Griffith University