By Juliano Oliveira
Brisbane’s Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner has announced that one Cross River ferry will be put back into service on the Bulimba to Teneriffe route by this week.
The other eight vessels, out of the waters since 25 July, are still going under safety inspections and maintenance. All of them have wooden hulls except for the one, a steel-hulled ferry, that will be operating this week.
“Safety will always be my number one priority and, while the removal of the timber ferry fleet has been inconvenient for some, please know that Brisbane City Council is working hard so that we can return all Cross River ferry services as soon as possible,” said Ms Schrinner.
Kangaroo Point Cross River Ferry; Bulimba to Teneriffe Cross River Ferry; Norman Park to New Farm Park Cross River Ferry; and CityHopper services have been affected by the suspension.
Kangaroo Point + Eagle Street Pier + Thornton Street
- Existing bus route 234 services near Holman Street and Thornton Street.
- New free shuttle bus (route 27) with stops at the Story Bridge Hotel and Eagle Street. The bus stop is located on Baildon Street, near Main Street, across the road from the Story Bridge Hotel. The stop is used by the existing 234 service.
- Holman Street, Thornton Street and Dockside are serviced by the existing 234 services nearby.
- South Bank 3 customers are encouraged to use bus services from the South Bank Busway.
- Maritime Museum customers are encouraged to use bus services from the South Bank Busway or Mater Hill Busway.
- Existing CityCat services connect North Quay, Sydney Street and South Bank.
Bulimba + Teneriffe
- Both terminals serviced by scheduled CityCat services.
- Bus 230, P231,232 services Bulimba to the City and Valley.
- 60 Blue CityGlider, 199 bus services to the Valley, City and Cultural Centre.
Norman Park + New Farm
- Existing bus routes 227, 230,232,235 P228 are available near Norman Park terminal and travel to the city where you can transfer to service 196 to travel to New Farm.
*information provided by Brisbane City Council