By Juliano Oliveira
All CityHopper and Cross River ferry services on the Brisbane River are suspended until further notice.
Brisbane City Council has informed that the suspension is needed “to allow for immediate safety inspections and maintenance of the ferry fleet.”
Kangaroo Point Cross River Ferry; Bulimba to Teneriffe Cross River Ferry; Norman Park to New Farm Park Cross River Ferry; and CityHopper services have been affected by the suspension.
CityCats are unaffected and will continue to operate as normal.
SolutionWire will monitor the progress of the situation.
Kangaroo Point + Eagle Street Pier + Thornton Street
- Existing bus route 234 services near Holman Street and Thornton Street.
- New free shuttle bus (route 27) with stops at the Story Bridge Hotel and Eagle Street. The bus stop is located on Baildon Street, near Main Street, across the road from the Story Bridge Hotel. The stop is used by the existing 234 service.
- Holman Street, Thornton Street and Dockside are serviced by the existing 234 services nearby.
- South Bank 3 customers are encouraged to use bus services from the South Bank Busway.
- Maritime Museum customers are encouraged to use bus services from the South Bank Busway or Mater Hill Busway.
- Existing CityCat services connect North Quay, Sydney Street and South Bank.
Bulimba + Teneriffe
- Both terminals serviced by scheduled CityCat services.
- Bus 230, P231,232 services Bulimba to the City and Valley.
- 60 Blue CityGlider, 199 bus services to the Valley, City and Cultural Centre.
Norman Park + New Farm
- Existing bus routes 227, 230,232,235 P228 are available near Norman Park terminal and travel to the city where you can transfer to service 196 to travel to New Farm.
*information provided by Brisbane City Council