By Juliano Oliveira
Brisbane Business Summit 2020 begins in April with the primary mission of assisting local business owners in navigating the pandemic.
The free event will be held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre from 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM on Wednesday 21 April. Virtual spots will also be available for those unable to attend in person.
UAP Company Founder Matthew Tobin; Queensland Ballet Artistic Director Li Cunxin; and Deloitte Australia Partner Andrea Culligan are some of the attendees confirmed at the event.
Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner said the business heavyweights would provide local business owners with the knowledge and inspiration they need to rebuild or pivot their operations.
“On the line up are Australia’s most experienced and resilient business experts who will check the pulse of the local economy and explore the trends expected to shape our city for years to come,” Cr Schrinner said.
McCrindle Research Social Researcher & Principal Mark McCrindle said his session would help leaders understand and navigate the ‘new normal’ pandemic’s implications.
“In times of great change – from the way we live to the way we work, lead, motivate and communicate – organisations that innovate and respond are the ones that thrive,” Mr McCrindle said.
“During the Summit, I’ll share key findings from our pandemic research and outline how we can all find opportunities and ways to innovate in this current climate.
“This is an important discussion about Brisbane’s future and one not to be missed.”
Speakers and panel members will cover a range of topics, including:
- McCrindle Research Social Researcher & Principal Mark McCrindle will open with the keynote: Opportunities for the future and the way forward for business
- Queensland Ballet Artistic Director Li Cunxin will join the panel discussion: Our city. Our strengths.
- Hear & Say Founder & Executive Director Dimity Dornan will join the panel discussion: Our city. Our strengths.
- Sprint Ventures Founder & Managing Director Llew Jury will join the panel discussion: Our city. Our strengths.
- Deloitte Australia Partner Andrea Culligan will lead a session: ‘We got this’ – Deloitte’s predictions for business and the economy for 2021
- UAP Company Founder Matthew Tobin will lead a session: Conquering the world from Brisbane – the UAP Story
- Yellow Brick Road Executive Chairman Mark Bouris will close with a keynote: Straight talk. How to survive in the new business normal.
Register online on the official website.