Sponsorship Terms & Conditions
Last Updated: 04 March 2021
Under the Broadcasting Services Act 1992 (BSA) community broadcasters are not permitted to broadcast ‘advertising’. Sponsorship, however, is permitted and this is akin to a limited form of advertising. The BSA outlines three key requirements of a sponsorship announcement:
- Sponsorship content will be limited to five minutes in any hour (Broadcasting Services Act 1992 Sch 2, Part 5 clause 9 (3))
- Every sponsorship announcement will be clearly “tagged” (Broadcasting Services Act Sch 2, Part 1, clause 2 (2)b)
- There must be a bona fide financial relationship between the sponsor and the station or program.
In line with the community broadcasting code of practice (Code 6), this station will ensure that:
- sponsorship will not be a factor in determining access to broadcasting time.
- the content and style of individual programs is not influenced by the sponsors of programs, and overall programming of community broadcasting stations is not influenced by sponsors.
Further information on sponsorship requirements is available from the ACMA’s document, ‘Sponsorship Guidelines for Community Broadcasting Services’ see www.acma.gov.au
The purpose of this policy is to ensure compliance with the BSA and the Codes of Practice. It is furthermore to give clear direction on Reading Radio ethos with relation to sponsorship.
- All sponsorship announcements will comply with the three key sponsorship conditions outlined above.
- All sponsorship arrangements shall be recorded on a standard contract and approved by the station manager or person responsible.
- Sponsorship will not be accepted from companies that promote tobacco or gambling.
- Sponsorship from companies promoting alcohol may be accepted, however the announcements must not:
- promote irresponsible use of alcohol, or
- be directed towards minors.
- Sponsorship will not be accepted from person or groups whose policies or practices are inconsistent with the general directions of Reading Radio.
- Sponsorship announcements will be produced and presented in a style and form consistent with the program in which they are to be placed.
- Individual presenters and members are not entitled to seek sponsorship on behalf of Reading Radio without written consent of the Station Manager (or board of management).
- Under no circumstances can presenters accept gifts, products, or services of payments in return for promotion of a product, service, or business.
- Reading Radio reserves the right to refuse any paid announcement.
- All sponsorship agreements are final once booking confirmation has commenced. Any requested alterations to a booking once material has been submitted and published will result in further administration fees.
- To meet our terms and conditions and required specifications, please note that it is important to submit your material via the Material Submission Request link when prompted after your agreement is confirmed.
- Reading Radio requires a 30-day payment term from the date of each invoice. All invoices under $2000 require payment before a campaign is to commence. Annual Packages over $10,000 can select a once off payment or quarterly payment option.
- All requests for sponsorship product booking evidence will result in further administration fees.
- In the case of your event being cancelled because of unforeseen and or unfortunate circumstances, Reading Radio will offer you credit to the value of your confirmed campaign for an alternative campaign valid for 12 months from the date of the original booking.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 3831 1296